Home Staging: Exterior
Home Staging 101 – Exterior
When staging our homes we tend to forget how important the outside of our home looks to our potential buyer. While Room by Room staging is important, the exterior is the very first impression. We all know you spend more time inside, but the outside counts too so here are some helpful tips to get the outside of your home in tip top condition!
Gardening– keeping your flowers, bushes and yard clean is key here!
- Flowerbeds, trees, and bushes should all be newly mulched, weed free, and properly trimmed
- Make sure your grass is newly mowed, who doesn’t love that fresh grass smell out in the air?
- If you are not a gardener, hire a landscaper to add color to your yard
- Remove all the dead leaves and plants from your yard, you want it to look lively and charming
Quick Low Maintenance Cleaning– There are so many things to cover when it comes to staging a home, do not forget these little but very important details for the outside of your home. For quick tips on staging the inside of your home view our Quick Fixes page.
- The front door should be inviting and presentable, try purchasing a new doormat
- Power washing the driveway might seem like over-kill but you want every aspect of your home to be spotless
- Upgrade outdoor lighting, believe it or not your potential buyer will be driving past the house day and night to show it off to family and friends for their input
- Outdoor lighting makes the home feel safe and friendlier at night
- Polish the front doorknob, replace a dented mailbox, and the address numbers should be clearly visible
- All gutters should be clean and free of twigs and leaves
- If your brick looks old and worn then wash that as well
- If you have a wood deck try and get it freshly painted
- Add bright colors to outdoor furniture, corals really tend to pop against the green
- Put away all your children’s toys and your husbands toys we all know how cluttered the backyard can get with bikes, mowers and basketballs laying around. For tips on how to organize your storage space view our Home Staging- Storage page.
- Make sure your car is not blocking the view of the front of your house, when the buyer pulls up you want them to think “wow”.
My husband and I purchased our dream home in April 2015. Prior to buying our home, we searched and worked with few real estate agents. Finally our headache was over!!! We meet with Brandon and just by talking to him we felt confident in him. He is very professional and knows his work. He is very prompt and very helpful. My husband and I highly recommend him. He made sure that we were in our dream home as promised. Brandon takes care of his clients. Becoming a homeowner has been the best thing we…
Brandon is seriously the best real estate agent out there! He literally walked us through every detail of the process and he is so easy to communicate with! He gets back to you ASAP and he exceeded all of our expectations for an agent! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
We really enjoyed working with Brandon while searching for our new home. He let us know what to expect and lead us through the whole process so that it didn’t have to be a stressful one. He also responded to our calls and texts quickly, with no matter how small or big our question or concern was. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is even thinking about buying or selling their home.
Brandon did a great job selling our home. He was always available and kept us informed during the process. Brandon is very knowledgeable and more importantly he is honest. I highly recommend Brandon to anyone looking to buy or sell a home.
Working with Smart Move Real Estate and Jay Johnson was an absolute pleasure. They not only got my home sold for top dollar, they also saved me a lot of money in the process. Jay went above and beyond to educate and assure me throughout the process. There is no other Realtor that I would even consider referring to my friends and family!
Brandon was very helpful during my home search. He was quite resourceful and responsive. I would highly recommend him if you’re looking to purchase or sale your home.
Derek is a great guy! It’s been months since we bought our home and I can still call him if I have any questions. If I ever buy another house it will definitely be with him.
Derek was always ready to meet me and show homes when it was convenient to me. When he understood what was most important to me in a home, he would diligently research new listings and send them to me. He worked for me a few months prior to my move from Colorado, never forgetting to keep me informed.
I didn’t have the best experience with the Realtor who sold me my house. So, naturally I was a bit skeptical when Derek and Jay from Smart Move told me that they could get my house sold for less commission than other agents were telling me that they would charge me. Well, they didn’t just get my home sold quickly and for a great price, their knowledge and experience kept me from making a mistake that could have cost me tens of thousands of dollars. I am so thankful I decided to allow them …
I am almost 60 years young and have needed to depend on realtors about 5 times in my life, either with buying new property or selling old. Derek was the very first that came with no irritation, or that feeling that I can’t wait to never see this person once the deal is done! With changes in life through new housing being hard enough, Derek Overstreet will become a family friend, due to his professional and trusting guidance as your realtor.