Home Staging Storage Areas
Home Staging 101 – Storage
Organizing your closets and storage space is possibly one of the hardest parts of staging your home and sometimes overlooked when you have to organize Room by Room. With these guide lines you will not be worried that when a potential buyer opens your closet everything you are hiding will come crashing down on them. If you need advice on some simple solutions from real estate agents in Baton Rouge visit our Agents Advice page.
Closets– A prospective buyer will open everything possible, especially the closets so make it count! Need some advice fast? See our Quick Fixes page for easy do it yourself advice.
- Keep it clean and organized
- The more organized storage is, the more space it seems to have
- Try and organize your clothes by color no matter how obsessive this feels. This will tell the buyer that the home is clean and not likely to be falling apart.
- Accessories should be grouped according to what they are. Hats with hats, purses with purses and so on.
- Shoes should not be laying on their sides and thrown all over the place. Put them upright and neatly placed together.
- Nothing should be on the floors!
Garage– The garage is a great place for storage and the more storage space a home has, the happier the buyer will be. The garage is where you can store items that should not be left in the yard, for Home Staging – Exterior click here.
- Maximize visual storage space
- If there are stains on the floor from oil this is a huge turn-off. Buy home cleaner or hire someone to clean your garage floor.
- Shelves should be against the outer walls of the garage
- The center should be cleared of everything, nothing but empty space
- If you have rodent traps or things of this nature then put them on a high shelf properly packed away so the children will not get into it and you are not advertising your home as a place that needs these things all the time.
- Keep shelves and drawers partially empty giving them the feel of ample amount of storage space
- If your garage is clean enough then open the door so it is welcoming to everyone
- Opening your doors will also give the garage more light, they tend to be the darkest space of a house
- Accessorize but minimally and orderly, things like tools, bike, and a work bench
Derek is a great guy! It’s been months since we bought our home and I can still call him if I have any questions. If I ever buy another house it will definitely be with him.
Brandon is seriously the best real estate agent out there! He literally walked us through every detail of the process and he is so easy to communicate with! He gets back to you ASAP and he exceeded all of our expectations for an agent! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
I didn’t have the best experience with the Realtor who sold me my house. So, naturally I was a bit skeptical when Derek and Jay from Smart Move told me that they could get my house sold for less commission than other agents were telling me that they would charge me. Well, they didn’t just get my home sold quickly and for a great price, their knowledge and experience kept me from making a mistake that could have cost me tens of thousands of dollars. I am so thankful I decided to allow them …
Brandon did a great job selling our home. He was always available and kept us informed during the process. Brandon is very knowledgeable and more importantly he is honest. I highly recommend Brandon to anyone looking to buy or sell a home.
Working with Smart Move Real Estate and Jay Johnson was an absolute pleasure. They not only got my home sold for top dollar, they also saved me a lot of money in the process. Jay went above and beyond to educate and assure me throughout the process. There is no other Realtor that I would even consider referring to my friends and family!
Derek was always ready to meet me and show homes when it was convenient to me. When he understood what was most important to me in a home, he would diligently research new listings and send them to me. He worked for me a few months prior to my move from Colorado, never forgetting to keep me informed.
We really enjoyed working with Brandon while searching for our new home. He let us know what to expect and lead us through the whole process so that it didn’t have to be a stressful one. He also responded to our calls and texts quickly, with no matter how small or big our question or concern was. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is even thinking about buying or selling their home.
My husband and I purchased our dream home in April 2015. Prior to buying our home, we searched and worked with few real estate agents. Finally our headache was over!!! We meet with Brandon and just by talking to him we felt confident in him. He is very professional and knows his work. He is very prompt and very helpful. My husband and I highly recommend him. He made sure that we were in our dream home as promised. Brandon takes care of his clients. Becoming a homeowner has been the best thing we…
Brandon was very helpful and knowldgeable. My wife and I were new to the area and looking for our first house Brandon was willing to work with us around my work schedule and was very kind in allowing our young son to come along on house searches and helping to keep him entertained as well .
I am almost 60 years young and have needed to depend on realtors about 5 times in my life, either with buying new property or selling old. Derek was the very first that came with no irritation, or that feeling that I can’t wait to never see this person once the deal is done! With changes in life through new housing being hard enough, Derek Overstreet will become a family friend, due to his professional and trusting guidance as your realtor.